14 January 2008

Rubber Soul Carolers

I have a new love (besides Stamping Bella) - it's the Rubber Soul Stick People stamps. I HEART them sooooo much!

I'll be posting a LOAD of cards with different stick people over the next few days, but thought I'd better get ALL my Christmas themed projects grouped together in posts, then move on to non-holiday cards.





This image is from the Carolers set, aren't they so cute?

I'm not terribly thrilled with my 'shadow' coloring underneath their feet (too dark and streaky) - will sponge next time with a reverse-mask oval, I think.

The inside sentiment is from a $1 Michael's clear set (I love those!) and it fits perfectly in the large oval punch (raised on a pop-up glue dot).

And they are ::gasp!:: clear polymer stamps, which I NEVER thought I would use. Perish the thought! A few years ago, I would have scoffed -pfft!- at using clear unmounted stamps, but the technology (and inks!) have come a long way, and I am really enjoying them (and seeing EXACTLY where your image is being stamped is AWESOME (more on that in future card posts)~

Plus, hello? Totally cost-effective compared to wood-mounted rubber. 11 images for $14 retail - woot! (yes, I am a tightwad)

I'm a wood-mounted traitor, who woulda ever thunk it? Not I. (I'm actually :::gasp again!::: mulling over unmounting all my SU stamps in the interest of space and image placement - like the Bellas, which are unmounted rubber stamps. No action plan yet, still considering, as that would be a HUGE undertaking).

Stamps: Rubber Soul Carolers set, $1 Michael's clear sentiment
Ink: Palette Noir
Markers: turquoise, green galore, yoyo yellow, amethyst, orange
CS: white, celery, Cricut holiday DP pack
Other: stardust & orange Stickles, colored snaps, lg. oval punch, pop-up glue

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home