09 December 2007

Why You Should Enter Swaps

I participated in a Christmas card swap a few years back, and this design was one of the cards I received. Fast forward: I am selling cards at two different storefronts this season (YAY for SU changing their angel policy last month to allow this!), and had one of the baskets of cards at work to hand off to the business owner that day. This card was one of the designs in the basket, and it almost WASN'T because I wasn't sure if I liked it enough to include, not my style, blah blah...

Well, sure enough, one of my co-workers is looking through the basket and says "I love this card! I want to order some for Christmas cards" and voila, another sale! Woot! An all around good card-selling day was had by moi. And now that I made a bunch of them today, they grew on me.

Took this photo to show you the layer of vanilla on the inside of the card to write upon. I like to do that with the darker cards.

Stamp Set: On Angel Wings (retired Hostess Appreciation set)
CS: handsome hunter, bravo burgundy, vanilla
Ink: versamark, hunter (sentiment), burgundy (on edges of sentiment piece and on envelope)
Other: gold EP, dazzling diamonds glitter (on wings), white gel pen (on dove), non-SU gold ribbon

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home