16 May 2007

Cup Cards

I'm a few weeks behind on this new trend, but that's really on-top-of-it for me! But I needed some teacher gifts and it was the perfect time to test out this project for a stamp club:

Tutorial for the cup card is Here. Love me some stampin' fanatics over at SCS.

Here's a basic card for my daughter's teacher, for a gift of summertime stuff:


A hang-tag card on a gift for my daughter's assistant teacher:


It really does look harder than it is. Didn't take long at all, and not much stamping! I used 3 different retiring stamp sets, only one stamp out of each set.

The little faux-lime I made just cracked me up, as I had been wishing I had some sort of citrus stamp. That was a last minute inspiration, otherwise I would have changed the layout of the card to the straw in the middle of the two 'circles' (lime and moon). It's still cute and happy.

On the tag card (2nd pic) I rimmed the cup with microbeads as in the tutorial, on the standard card (top pic) I rimmed the cup with dazzling diamonds glitter. I think I like the glitter more (drat it all, it's so bloody messy!). And I put some stray lines of glitter in the sponged sand, too. The tutorial card has more ambitious sand, using real play sand mixed with glitter - but I was on a time crunch, so I downgraded.

Stamp Sets: Think Big for the 'lime' (Holiday Mini 2006), Simple Shapes for the sun (retiring), Petal Pushers for "smile" script (retiring)
CS: WWhite, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Vellum CS
Ink: Turquoise, Creamy Caramel, Regal Rose & Always Apricot (sponged on cup), Barely Banana & Summer Sun (on the sun)
Other: sticky strip, dazzling diamonds glitter, clear microbeads, 1/4" hole punch, nonSU ribbon, stampin' sponges, aquapainter

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home